Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I finally made it to the NY Times!


It's not often that I do some a illustration job that most other people can really relate to. But this recent job I did I thought you might like to know about.

Last week on March 1st I got a call from a Art Director from the New York Times. They had a story they needed illustrated. I said OK sure. We worked out the particulars and I got started real quick. March 6th in the morning I delivered the final and then the next morning (today) I was able to go to my local Publix shopping center and pick up the printed NY Times with my illustration in it. To me that's quite amazing!

They have it online as well at nytimes.com you might need to sign up for a free subsription to see it though.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations. Beautiful work, and so fast. I read the article, I honestly don't know what I would've done for this. They picked the right person.

Chris Oliver said...

Good work!

Willie Baronet said...

Congrats man! My big goal as a designer was always to judge CA. That finally happened in 1999, got to judge the illustration annual. What a huge honor and thrill!

Keep at it, no telling where this can go!

Chrissie A said...

Nice work--and congratulations!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

What was the topic? Doctors across borders? Wonderful illustration! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

good work grand-parent of lagrange college student
Ponce