Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Decathlon Poster Process

New work!

A 16" x 20" poster I did as part of a demo for my Adobe Illustrator class a Portfolio Center. I just finished it today. I thought it turn out pretty good. Whada you think?


This part was done in Adobe Illustrator CS4.


I then copied certain grouped areas from Illustrator into a Photoshop document and created a series of Smart Object layers. Then I added various textures in the layers masks of the Smart Object layers.

Decathlon poster


The result is a the marriage of Illustrator and Photoshop. The best of both worlds.
I love texture!!


Decathlon poster detail


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design is amazing. I really would love to have a copy of this poster hanging in my room, I'm an aspiring decathlete and have been searching for Xmas gift suggestions to help my parents shop for me. I noticed this was posted a long time ago so I'm not even sure you will get this comment but if there is any way I can purchase one of these let me know how? I searched your site and saw other prints for sale but not this one.. thanks!