Friday, December 22, 2006

Illustration Friday - Peace

Peace on Earth

Hand feeding dove which is the symbol of peace. Oil painting with an old world renaissance feel with a timeless subject matter and message.

Did this back in 1998 for my holiday card. It's on 11" x 14" illustration board. The type was done by transferred copier toner applied with a colorless marker blender. Crackling finish added to complete the look. Prints/posters have been selling quite well on art.com. Buy your own here.

Peace on Earth - detail

13 comments:

marcisenders said...

Beautiful!

pati said...

Bravo! Urs is really cool (and peaceful) :)

Karen Smithey said...

I love this--the colors, as well as the subject, contribute to the feeling of peace...

franhilz said...

this is wonderful, Jay - congrats!

Joseph Chiang said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous "peace"

Anonymous said...

beautiful indeed! peace

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo beautiful! Love everything about it!

Merry X'mas and Happy Holidays!

www.emilayusof.com

Unknown said...

Very nice work! Love the texture!

studio lolo said...

Love the warmth of this! Very beautiful.

Diane Duda said...

this is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I like your cracked texture. It has been years since I've tried that, maybe I'll give it a try again... but with acrylic and baked in the oven. Thanks for the inspiration

Jay Montgomery said...

Thanks for all your kind comments. I plan on doing more of this crackling texture when I teach it to my Illustration class students at SCAD Atlanta.