Friday, December 15, 2006

Illustration Friday - Help

Cover for Tabletalk magazine. Here is a brief description of the process. I started off with 3 different pencil sketches, got approval, took reference photos, created tight pencil, transferred to illustration board, painted main shapes in oils, scanned in, added other details and color adjustments in Photoshop, sent for approval, client loved it, printed on cover. Click the images to see a larger version.

Harvest Time

Harvest Time Detail

HarvestworkTTcover

US Soldier Reading Tabletalk
Then after all that how cool is it to see your work being scene by brave US soldiers in Iraq. This was back in 2003. If I could show you his face he is smiling in the photo. I feel I HELPED this soldier that day. I am grateful to do so.

9 comments:

franhilz said...

outstanding! - really beautiful illo

Geninne said...

WOW Jay! WOW!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! Just Wonderful!

Jo said...

I really like this image of people working together. I like the colors too.

Unknown said...

beautiful!!

studio lolo said...

This certainly says it all...very nice!!

Suzan said...

Great job. Love it!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

heheee...great job and story!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!
:)
hartini.com