Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Retro Poster Art




Here is some current work I've done for a commercial real estate agency Hodges Ward Elliott. They the AD wanted some retro poster illustration for the cover of a presentation that goes out to a small list of high end real estate investors of buildings. I'm not only glad for me but for the illustration field in general that they decided to use illustration instead of the usual photography. This really set them apart and made them look extra special. I had fun creating these in Adobe Illustrator after basically tracing over the provided photos and simplifying the shapes for a screen print kind of effect. If I had more time on them I would have added a texture or slight color plate shift for a more authentic rendition to a old worlds fair poster. What's your thoughts on these from a style stand point? Should I do more?

No comments: