Monday, April 30, 2007

Atlanta From Above

I went on my first helicopter ride on April 27th for an illustration I'm working on. The Creative Director wanted me to go up and art direct the photographer, Scott Johnson, to take the photos at the right angle and elevation for a new building coming up in Buckhead called Mansion on Peachtree. It was quite incredible and enjoyed every second of it. I took my camera and snapped away until my fully charged battery went dead. I got several photos for hopeful future references. One photo I have already used for reference for another job I'm working on. It really came at the right time it was quite amazing.

AtlantaFromAbove - 01.jpg
I flew it all by myself and took pictures at the same time!

AtlantaFromAbove - 23.jpg
Savannah College of Art & Design - Atlanta, Where I teach.

AtlantaFromAbove - 08.jpg

Go here to see a select group of untouched photos.
I'll be sure to post the final illustration once it's done in about 2 weeks.

No comments: