Monday, May 08, 2006

Is Illustration Dead? NO!!!

I don't want this blog to become a link place for other articles, but from time to time I come across something that speaks to the core of my beliefs as a fulltime illustrator. This is a great and honest interview by world reknowned Art Director/Designer Steven Heller with the creator of 3x3 Magazine, Charles Hively. Even though I have not bought a single isssue myself I love it and intend to at least promote it's much needed presence in today's market to further the cause of art director's using more illustrations over photography. So please read this wonderful interview that gives hope to all up and coming illustrators and ones that have seen the way the market has changed the demand for illustration. I believe illustration in advertising and other markets WILL continue to get more and more accepted due to 3x3 and many other ways.

No comments: